Saturday, November 28, 2015

Kitchen Tools Thanksgiving Round Up Edition

Who doesn't eat on Thanksgiving?

The Turkey, because he is always stuffed!!



As I cleaned up from our Thanksgiving meal, I realized that the whole ordeal would have been a lot more difficult without some of the tools I have in my kitchen. 

While my knives and my pots and pans along with my KitchenAid mixer are my favorites (and most likely always will be), I have found some new kitchen tools that also helped make the dinner a success. 

I have recently tried out products from a company called Sunsella and since then have become a big fan of theirs. Their products are practical multi-tasking tools that in my experience are well made and take care of a wide variety of tasks.


The Sunsella dough cutter and scraper proved invaluable out on the Thanksgiving field this year. This dough scraper has a sharpened edge than can cut through almost anything. While it will not replace my knives it is great for cutting through small vegetables and more importantly dough for those delicious dinner rolls. The stainless steel blade is stamped with inch measurements so I can be better about making all my rolls roughly the same size. The handle is made out of a durable rubber material that is shaped to fit comfortably in my hand. It is definitely a contender for MVP in my kitchen!!




The  vegetable steamer that Sunsella makes is useful for more than just vegetables. This Thanksgiving when stove top space is at as much a premium as a well located apartment in down town New York, turn over has to be completed quickly and efficiently. This steamer aided in that especially while I was hard boiling a dozen eggs for my deviled eggs tray. The steamer allowed me to pull all of the eggs at once and get them into their ice bath in a fraction of the time it would have taken me to pull them individually. This freed up that space on the stove top for other dishes to begin cooking.  Like Sunsella's other products this steamer basket is 100% stainless steel and the flanges of the basket are a little thicker than other steamer baskets I have seen making this one more durable. Probably the best part is how small it is when it collapses down. It really does save space.



The next big challenge after cooking a Thanksgiving meal is storing the left overs. In the past I have stored each dish in its own container and then some of the left overs would get eaten quickly while others would linger in the fridge until eventually I would have to throw them out. This year, I decided to take a different approach. I decided to try Sunsella's bento-style buddy boxes. These containers have three compartments allowing me to store a full meal in each one.

Each compartment seals individually preventing food from one compartment from spilling over into the others and "contaminating" them (words from my picky eater who cannot stand to have food touching). These boxes have made packing lunches for work a breeze as now all I have to do is grab one and go and I know that it is a full meal all in one go. 

And the MVP award for this Thanksgiving's preparation tool goes to........

The Sunsella Bento-Style Buddy Boxes!!!

The buddy boxes may have made left over storage a little more time intensive but having the ability to just 'grab-and-go' before work has proven invaluable. They also seem to be holding up really well to the abuse of the dishwasher without warping.


As always, comments, feedback, questions and suggestions are welcome. Don't forget to follow the blog and register your email address at the top of the page to have updates sent directly to your inbox so you never miss a  post!


Disclaimer: Items mentioned in this blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed above are my own regardless of how the item was acquired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment