Monday, November 23, 2015

A Good Night's Rest

A good night's rest, I don't even know what that is anymore. I don't recall having anything close to a good night's rest since about the 2/3 mark of my pregnancy with Number 1 almost 10 years ago.Every once in a while I can get really close though, but it requires the aid of a few things and quite a bit more preparation than just falling down on the bed (like I could have done before kids).

Things that help me get a good night's rest.

Preparation!

The night before, I set up everything to where the older kids can get up and help out with the younger ones. For example: I will set out the things they may need for breakfast (ie: bowls and cereal from higher shelves, make sure that the milk is in a manageable container for them to pour). Another thing I do as part of the preparation for the kids to be self sufficient when they wake up bright and early is to go ahead and line up quiet entertainment. That usually means cartoons and books for the older two and truck and cars for Number 3.

Over the years I have found a few products that have enhanced my sleeping experience.



I don't know why but great smelling laundry helps me fall asleep faster. I guess it doesn't trigger that ever growing To-Do list and keep me awake. For me the best thing in the world that I have found for keeping the laundry smelling fresh is Downy's Unstoppables. I especially like the Dreams scent. To me to smells like a light mixture between Lavender and Sweet Pea. The scent will keep your bedding smelling fresh in the closet for up to 12 weeks. In my experience, it will keep it smelling fresh on the bed for up to 2 weeks.






Other items that help get a good night's rest, after you have kids, is investing in a good sleep mask. I have tried a few  but Dream Essentials has been my favorite so far.




This mask and ear plug combo are awesome for blocking out unwanted stimuli while you are trying to get some sleep. The mask itself is soft and completely opaque. The nose form fits my face perfectly and helps to block out any light that tries to creep in from the tent my nose creates in non-formed masks. The elastic on the mask is also top notch. It has a Velcro attachment in the back to make it fully adjustable which is great because I seem to have a head radius that is smaller than average. 


(*Hint Hint* If there is anyone in your house or family that you know could use a little help in getting a few extra Zzzzs, this makes for a great, yet inexpensive gift.)


Disclaimer: Any product mentioned in this blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed above are my own  regardless of how the item was acquired. This post contains Amazon Associate links. The links help connect readers to the product on Amazon.com and a portion of the sales completed through these links are given back to the blog to help support it. 

As always, feedback, comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome. Please remember to follow the blog and register your email address at the top of the page to have new posts emailed directly to you so you never miss an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment