Monday, November 9, 2015

Nacho Day Follow Up

So as promised, here is the follow up to my National Nacho Day post.

I did end up cooking Venison Nachos, and boy did they turn out amazing.


Two out of my three minions devoured it. Amusingly enough, it was the boys. My daughter did taste some of the venison but said that she did not like it. 
 
Now the "I do not like it." answer in my house does not fly. I can understand not liking something, but I require my minions to analyze why they do not like a food. I usually prompt them to answer about the texture, what tastes they are experiencing, the smell, and the color. This helps them to realize why they do not like certain foods, and it helps me to feed them balanced meals. For example my minions will eat broccoli. The oldest minion will only eat it raw because he does not like the texture of cooked broccoli. My middle minion will eat broccoli but only if it is seasoned a specific way. She has an issue with certain aspects of the taste of cooked broccoli. 
 
As for the venison, my middle minion said that it was a combination of the texture and the taste. I suspect it was still just a tab bit too gamey for her. My oldest minion just hummed and said that it tasted like steak to him. Wait until they try the venison burgers I have planned for later this week.
 
As always, feedback, questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome. Don't forget to follow the blog, and register your email address at the top of the page to have updates sent directly to your inbox so you never miss a post!  

1 comment:

  1. There are corticosteroids, which can quickly reduce swelling and inflammation. They answered all my questions and concerns and made me feel at ease. I decided to go with their Esteroides-espana and seemed very knowable about everything, service was amazing….see this here.

    ReplyDelete