Friday, November 6, 2015

National Nacho Day

Well this was news to me. I don't know how this snuck up on me.

I guess that does solve my question of what to cook tonight for dinner.

Instead of traditional beef or chicken nachos, I think I an going to try something a little more gamy.

How does Venison Nachos sound?

They are super easy. The venison will need to cook down a little longer in the taco seasonings to help break down the tough connective tissue that is pervasive in game meat.


Here is a recipe that I plan to start cooking from.





This recipe is courtesy of Cabin Cleaver.

In this recipe Cabin Cleaver cooked down pulled venison in BBQ sauce. I will keep this as the meat base and then add some taco seasonings to it. (ie: Cumin, Chili Powder, Paprika, Oregano, Sage, Onion powder, and garlic powder)

In Cabin Cleaver's recipe, he tops his nachos with green olives. To each their own, at one time, I would have done the same thing. Now after three pregnancies  with really bad morning sickness, I cannot stand them. So for my version I will have to omit them.

For the bell peppers, I have miniature sweet peppers. To bring out even more of their sweet flavor I will sauté them slightly until they get a little soft before adding them to the top of my nacho mound.

For the cheeses, I will be keeping the Monterey Jack Cabin Cleaver suggested, but I also added some shredded cheddar to the mix. Add Jalapeños to your heat preference.

Top everything off with some sour cream and  you have the best deer south of the border.


I will post a follow-up with pictures as well as whether or not I was successful in getting my minions to eat it.

1 comment: