Monday, November 16, 2015

The Skinny on Diet Supplements

Ever since child Number 2, I have struggled with my weight. Those maternal fat stores are so stubborn and hard to get rid of. What makes things worse for me is that my day job is so sedentary, and I work long shifts so I am sedentary for long periods of time.

I can't tell you how many times I have just wished for a "magic pill" that would 'melt the fat right off'. But this is not a fairy tale, and things just don't work like that in real life. So I usually take the claims of diet pills with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I recently got to try out two diet supplements. The results were of course less than amazing but like I mentioned above, I always read these with a considerable amount of skepticism.

The first one that I tried is labeled as the "Best Weight Loss Pills to Lose Weight Fast for Women". It is made and sold by Petite Plus.


This diet supplement makes a lot of bold claims. I have listed them below.



• Lose Weight
• Suppress your Appetite
• Relieve Stress
• and Boost your Energy ALL in one supplement

After taking these as outlined (twice a day for at least 7 days), my results were minimal.

I did not lose any significant amount of weight. My appetite was decreased but that was in part to the weird tasking burps the ingredients gave me. (I don't  want to eat a cheeseburger when my burps are leaving a weird sweet/herbal taste in my mouth.) I did not notice any significant reduction in my stress, but then again I am on antidepressants. As far as having increased energy, it did help me feel a little alert in much the same way a cup of coffee would have but it did not make me want to go run a marathon or anything.



The second diet supplement was labeled more as a Detox diet cleanse. It is made and sold by Justified Laboratories.





• Support and Mains Appetite Control
• Detoxify and Digestive Support
• Natural Weight Loss Aid
• Natural With No Stimulants Added







Justified Laboratories has made this product from Green Coffee Bean Extract, so naturally it contains some caffeine. This product is only intended to be taken twice a day for 14 days at most once a month. When I took it is described I did notice a decrease in my appetite with out any additional side effects. The energy boost was minimal. It was about that of a cup or two of coffee (made from coffee so go figure). While taking this my body did *ahem* eliminate waste more frequently, but other than that and the suppressed appetite, there were not a whole lot of other noticeable effects.

Please note that herbal supplements much like with any medication will perform differently for different people. My results from taking this may be different from anyone else's as we are all unique.

As always, comments, feedback, questions and suggestions are welcome. Please remember to follow my blog and register your email address at the top of the page to have new posts emailed directly to your inbox and never miss an update!


Disclaimer: Any product mentioned in my blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review. The opinions stated above are my own regardless of how the item was acquired.

1 comment:

  1. Love this place. Huge diet supplement store with great knowledgeable staff. Always helpful with suggestions. Different Forskolin huge name labels and some smaller harder to find brands too. The inventory seems well kept and rotated. Great selection of supplements, vitamins, etc…..

    ReplyDelete