Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Toys'R'Us Diaper Performance Review


 So big corporation Toys'R'Us and more specifically their brand line that caters to maternity and babies, Babies'R'Us (BRU), is now doing more than just stocking major brand name diapers for us to purchase. They have designed their own line of diapers.

Thanks to Influenster, I was recruited to try a pack and write a review. It was with a little hesitation that I accepted this assignment remembering back to the catastrophe from our household's pre-Huggies days.  You can read all about that funny/terrible experience here.

Influenster sent me a coupon to where I would be trying them for free. So I thought, 'Why not? They can't be as bad as Luv's and we have survived that.'

So minion Number 3 and I packed down to the Babies'R'Us store. I used this time to stroll through the aisles of toys to see what grabbed his attention for ideas as to what to get him for Christmas. We finally located the diapers with all the others. Their display area was no more or less than the other name brand diapers. It was refreshing to see that the store was not 'pushing' their brand harder than the others.



Minion Number 3 and I checked out and headed home.
 After getting home, I opened the pack to check them out and compare them to the Huggies that we normally use. In comparison, the BRU diapers feel thinner than the Huggies and the outer material feel like thin paper. The outside of the pack boasted that they could stand up to 12 hour protection, but just from my initial inspection I was highly skeptical.  Furthermore, the shape of the diapers did not look like they would be very form fitting. However the elastic at the back and around the legs provided a decent fit.The designs on the diaper are generic but light and whimsical. To be honest, I don't particularly care which cartoon face they put on the diaper as it goes in the trash a few hours later.


With Huggies, it takes a lot of liquid before they start to look a little saggy. After a few hours minion Number 3's diaper had already begun to sag almost to his knees. 


 I decided to give the BRU diapers the benefit of the doubt and blame the older minions for giving Number 3 extra cups of water, milk, and juice. So I changed his diaper. But much to my surprise, he had barely peed the diaper. With these kinds of results, there is no way I am going to have him wear these through out the night. 

Now here is a concerning note. We have been trying these diapers off and on for about two weeks now, and minion Number 3 has broke out in a really bad diaper rash. It is so bad that he is going to have to spend tomorrow without a diaper to let his abused skin air out a bit. I am not saying that this is due to the BRU diapers, but to be honest, minion Number 3 hasn't had diaper rash this bad since Luv's. I suspect that the absorbent material of the diaper does not have a barrier to keep the moisture away from minion Number 3's skin. 

The bottom (heheh, you see what I did there?) line: While the BRU diapers are not good enough to win me over from my brand loyalty to Huggies, I think they are better than Luv's.


No comments:

Post a Comment