Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!


Merry Christmas lovely readers! 
 


I work in part of the retail industry and growing up my mother worked with the United States Postal Service. So for me Christmas was always kind of ad-hoc fit it in where ever, and this year was no exception. My husband and I let our children open most of their Christmas gifts last night on Christmas Eve. These presents include the ones from me and him, and the ones from relatives who live far away and won't be able to make a trip in to visit.



It was a successful unwrapping. The older two professed how much they loved their gifts. Minion Number 3 was actually playing with the toys he had unwrapped. We cleaned up all the wrapping paper and ushered the children off to bed so I could relax a little before going to bed for the night. (Yes, I had to work today.)

As us adults were unwinding my husband pointed out. The kids still believe in Santa. And here we were, Christmas Eve and the children had already unwrapped all their gifts. The husband and I, start wracking our brains to come up with a plan. We found the tricycle we had gotten for Number 3. We hadn't shown it to him yet because it still needed to be assembled. We found a new pair of boots for Number 1; we hadn't shown him them because they were not wrapped due to the shoe box missing its top. So that had my boys taken care of, but what about Number 2? We really didn't have anything left for her that she had not already seen. I go through my closet and I found my stash of yarn and I remembered her begging me to make her a scarf all year long. So I got right to it. About 2 hours later, she had a nice warm scarf folded and sitting under the tree.

This morning when we all got up the older two excitedly ran to the tree. Number 1 tried on his boots and loved them. The first thing out of Number 2's mouth was the exclamation "Mommy made me a scarf!" In a way she didn't care that at first glance she didn't get a Santa gift and she was excited that I had made something for her (*insert sound of heart melting*). However, I felt that it would be selfish of me to rob her of her belief in Santa just so I could receive credit for the scarf I had made. My husband and I corrected her and told her it was from Santa.

Then Number 2 replied "Mrs. Claus can knit?" 

Thank you readers for allowing me to share this wonderful little bit from our Christmas. I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas/Holiday.
Keep an eye out over the next few days. I have a set of ear buds that I will be hosting a giveaway for soon. Details to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment