Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Chirstmas is Coming Fast!!

It is now December and that means we are about 3 weeks away from Christmas. Time to get those presents is quickly flying by. I have found two more items that are going to be added as great gifts.

The first one is a set of toy dinosaurs. Minion Number 3 is hard to shop for. At 20 months he doesn't have the communication skills to just tell me what he wants. So I took him with me when I went to Toy'R'Us in search for their new diapers. (You can read about how I feel about them after using them here.)

While we were at Toys'R'Us we happened to walk by a set of dinosaurs and the reaction that he gave was just too cute to ignore. He pointed to the dinosaurs, looked at me and said "rawr". In that moment I knew I had to get him some dinosaurs for Christmas. I have found two different brands of dinosaurs that are made out of the traditional hard rubber/plastic material of the figurines that I remember growing up with. Both the Kids Imaginative and the Oriental Trading Company have great sets. Both sets feature 12 different dinosaurs without any duplicates. They are both between 5-7 inches in length and are brightly colored. There is a nice mix of both herbivores and carnivores. As an added bonus, minions Number 1 and 2 also like the figurines and all three will play together with them. Easily the best purchase I have made in a long time. I will definitely be looking into expanding their collection this holiday season.

The second item that I have found is for my hard to shop for husband. I ask him what he would like and he either shrugs and says "I don't know" or states "some peace and quiet would be nice." Since the latter will not happen until minion Number 3 is much, much older I have settled to getting him a beautiful copper Moscow Mule Mug.


This Moscow Mule Mug comes as a gift set with its own box and wooden coaster. I know this is probably going to sound weird but I like the smell of the wood used to make the box and the coaster. It smells like it is made from a premium hardwood and it reminds me of log cabins. The mug itself is bright and shiney polished copper. The handle is soldered on to the body of the mug for an attachment that does not mar the design with an obtrusive screw. I can't wait to see the look on my husband's face when I present this gift to him.



As always comments, questions, feedback, and suggestions are always welcome. Also, please remember to follow my blog and register your email address at the top of the page to have updates sent directly to your inbox so you never miss a post.

Disclaimer: and product mentioned in this blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed above are my own regardless of how the item was acquired.

No comments:

Post a Comment