Monday, January 11, 2016

New Year and Resolutions


 And so on December 31, we said goodbye to another year, and welcomed in a New Year. None was more happy to do so than I. 2015 was one of the roughest I have encountered yet. However, I am not one to dwell on the past. I constantly look and move forward.

With a New Year traditionally comes New Year Resolutions. I learned growing up that trying to hold myself to something is difficult and in my early teens started picking out easy resolutions, the kind that are impossible to fail so that I would not disappoint myself. (Yes, I realize that, that is kind of cheating in itself.)

Last year, one of my co-workers introduced me to a new New Year's Resolution plan. Instead of picking out just one resolution to stick to for the entire year, you pick 12, one resolution for each month. Let's face it, sticking to a resolution for at most 30-31 days is a lot more manageable that trying to stick to it for the entire year, so one is more likely to keep that resolution because of the more reasonable time scale.

So, with emulation of my co-worker last year, I have decided to do the same.

For January, my resolution is to take better care of my skin. 2016 is the beginning of my third decade of life and so far my skin has been pretty good to me. I have had a few issues with hormonal acne and pore size but as far as wrinkles and skin texture goes it is pretty awesome. Probably the two biggest things I have done for my skin so far in my life is not over exposing it to the sun and not smoking. Both of which I have seen take a very serious toll on women's skin, making ones who are much younger than me look a great deal older. I have even seen former classmates look up to 10-20 years older because of their habit and the toll it takes on their skin.

And so as part of a new way to take care of my skin I have added an exfoliating scrum and face mask to my weekly face washing routine. My favorite for the moment is Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask AND Eternal Youth Exfoliating Scrub. 




Both products from Valentia boast to be All Natural and Cruelty Free.


This Exfoliating Scrub:

- Brightens & revives skin
- Improves skin tone & texture
- Removes dead skin cells
- Softens the skin
- Prevents future breakouts


The scrub is made of the ingredients listed below.

- Green and White Tea:Packed with polyphenols and potent antioxidants that provide anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, and anti-aging effects.
- Aloe Vera:This nutrient rich botanical moisturizes the skin and fights aging by improving skin firmness.
- Jojoba Beads:Gentle beads that work to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells without scratching the skin.
- Olive, Avocado & Kukui Butter:This nutrient dense trio is rich in Vitamin A, B, D, and E helps nourish, hydrate, and repair the skin while combating pro-aging free radicals.

The smell of the scrub is nice, light and almost fruity. The texture of it at first leave quite a bit to be desired.








The gelatinous texture of it is very off-putting for me. I have to win an internal battle just to stick my fingers into the container to swoop out some goop. Once I do, though, and start massaging it into my skin everything is fine. The scrub works well to cut through dirt and oil and even makeup that is on my face. After washing, my face feels soft smooth and like it can breath again.


This Antioxidant Rich Clay Mask:
- Draws out skin impurites
- Improves skin tone
- Reduces pore size
- Firms & strengthens the skin
- Leaves skin feeling smoother



The Clay Mask's ingredients include:


- Kaolin Clay:Clay minerals draw impurities, improve skin tone, and tighten pores for smoother firmer skin.
- Plant Stem Cells:Naturally decreases the level of pro-aging toxins and works to soother the skin, reduce redness, and improve evenness.
- Spirulina:A botanical stimulant full of vitamins that hydrates the skins surface and contributes to tissue regeneration of the skin.
- CoQ10:Lessens the appearance of wrinkles by reducing free radical damage and stimulating health collagen production.
- Hibiscus & Cranberry Fibers:Both lend their anti-aging properties to firm and reinforce the skin, helping to reduce the creation of new wrinkles.






This mask is a little on the thin side for what I like clay masks to be. I am used to heavy clay from the Dead Sea masks. This one is more like a cream. It has a very light and botanical smell and it dries usually within 20-25 minutes.

After using both the scrub and the mask, my face feels soft and smooth and even clear of oil. They do not feel like they dried out my skin, and my skin actually feels like it has been moisturized without any residue. So far, I have not had any new significant break outs, but I haven't really noticed any significant change in my pore size.


As always feedback, questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome. Please remember to follow the blog and register your email address at the top of the page to have new posts delivered right to your email inbox and never miss an update.

Disclaimer: please be aware that any item mentioned in this blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this blog are my own regardless of how the items were acquired.

No comments:

Post a Comment