Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Battle of the Rings

I know I have already suggested Silicone wedding rings as a gift idea for dad, but as we get closer to the holidays I am finding more and more brands rings to try out. There are dozens upon dozens.

I find this interesting as I don't remember seeing much if anything posted about them last year. What I find even more perplexing is the lack of information about  where they come from. (No not the companies that sell them, but more where the idea came from.)

You can find the brands I have previously looked at and analyzed as well as my phobia that spurred me to consider them here.

As a recap up until now, my favorite brand of silicone rings was Stoni.




I liked these rings for their soft flexibility, rounded edges, and durable thickness.  Because all of these features really resonate with me and what I was looking for in a silicone ring, the Stoni has become the benchmark against which I compare all other silicone rings.

Since my last post, I have had the pleasure of trying Status Sport silicone ring. 


Status Sport silicone rings are available in two colors: black and grey and are sold in two packs. Each pack contains two consecutive ring sizes (ie: 9& 10). While the picture above makes the ring look about the same as the Stoni ring, I have found that the Status Sport ring is not quite as thick, which makes it feel slightly less durable than the Stoni. The edges are slightly beveled and the ring is light and comfortable to wear. It is still a great ring and the color variety gives it one over the Stoni ring, however the differences in the thickness and the perceived durability has the Stoni winning out in this round.

The second to go up against the Stoni today is the FitRing by Arthletic.


FitRing had different versions of the ring for men and women. I have only tried the women's version of the ring and will be basing the comparison off that one. Both the men's and women's rings are available in multiple colors. The men's rings are available in blue, red, grey, bright green (like the picture above), and black. The women's rings are available in a light blue, the bright green from the picture above, black, and a lilac purple (which looks like hot pink to me). The men's FitRings are of course available in larger sizes than the womens and look to have a greater width.

The women's FitRings are by far the thinnest width-wise ring that I have yet tried.

Here is how it looks while I am wearing it.

Here is the green women's FitRing side-by-side with the Stoni. You will notice that the Stoni has a thicker width and the FitRing has a lower profile to the finger. The color was spot-on and matched the picture exactly. It is also very flexible, light-weight, and the beveled edges makes it very comfortable to wear. 

It goes toe-to-toe on all the features I like about the Stoni but fits better on my fingers as it is designed specifically for women. The fact that it also comes in a variety of colors has won me over from the Stoni. This little size 7 bright green FitRing how now become my new favorite.

As always, items mentioned in this blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Comment, feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Please remember to follow the blog and register your email address at the top to have each new post delivered directly to your inbox so you never miss an update!

1 comment: