Thursday, October 15, 2015

Gift Ideas for Dad pt 1

Over the coming weeks as we all approach the holiday season, I want to share gift ideas with you. I will also keep a running list the pages linked to my blog: Mommy's Time Out and Dad's Man Cave.


Buying for guys in my family can be difficult. They just don't seem to keen on communicating with me things in which they are interested. Number 1 has already started learning these non-communicative habits. (Hello monosyllabic answers. I didn't expect you until the teenage years.)

So as I scour the Internet and local stores, I will share with you some of the items I think would make great gifts, and hopefully they will inspire you and help you find something for them.

Silicone Wedding Band:

These things are really neat. Okay so story time. I used to work in a warehouse setting, and I was constantly terrified that my ring was going to get caught in the machinery. Or smashed onto my finger to where I couldn't get it off, and the blood flow would be restricted and I would have to have my finger amputated.... Sorry about that. Like I said, I was terrified.

Silicone wedding bands are made of a soft, flexible rubber. I have found three different brands so far.


The first brand is North Action. This brand of rings is very light weight and comfortable. I like the variety of colors you can get them in. One of the downsides is that the edges are not beveled and so for the first few days or so (until you get used to it) it will almost feel like the edges are "cutting" into you when you bend your finger.


The second brand that I have found is Stoni. These rings are a little heavier than the North Action brand and they don't flex quite as readily. What I do like about them are the beveled edges. They make for a much more comfortable wear.

 

The third brand that I have tried is the softest and lightest that I have tried yet. It flexes easily and if it were to get caught it would break away before any damage would be done to your digit. This ring is a lot like the North Action in the design and like it, it does not have the beveled edges that the Stoni does. This ring  comes in an attractive box that is suitable for giving as a gift like the Stoni. I would recommend it for any active person where they are not allowed to wear metal rings or any person who works with heavy machinery that might damage traditional metal rings. 


iPhone Armband:

If the man in your life likes to spend his extra time either on the track or at the gym, then this may be the gift for him. I found a nice one from CellProPlus.
The armband straps are made from a soft padded neoprene to ensure a comfortable fit. The clear plastic shield over the screen of the phone is thin enough to where the touch screen can still be used. There are small openings at the top and bottom of the back panel of where the phone fits for unimpeded sound from the microphones and speakers.

The arm band sports a few nifty pockets that come in handy if your workout clothes do not have any pockets. The is a small pocket for a possible gym locker key built into the strap. There are two flat pockets on the back of the phone pocket to hold an ID or a credit/debit card.


As always the items mentioned in my blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review on other websites. 

Keep an eye out for future updates in blog posts.

And as always --  Comments, Feedback, and Suggestions are always welcome!

Please register your email at the top of the page and never miss an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment