Thursday, March 3, 2016

Cats and Grooming

I love my animals, my pets. They have become an extension of my family; each one having their own unique personality. I would not trade my four-legged companions for anything in the world. However, as part of owning a pet I have come to accept some of pet-ownership's less rewarding aspects. The main one being pet hair. All of my animals shed their coats supposedly twice a year, although many times it feels as though it is a constant battle. And yes, it is a battle, a battle to keep them looking nice, to keep the random hair from forming together and forming an army of dust bunnies, to keep the cats from getting sick with excessive hair balls. To make things worse the cats seem to despise being brushed. I can tell when they jump in my lap and I try to brush them they suffer an internal conflict. On one hand they really want attention from me, but on the other they don't appear to enjoy the sensation of getting brushed. I can usually brush them for a few minutes before they finally get fed up and jump down.

However I have found a grooming glove that makes things a little easier.



PetNov has developed a grooming glove with nubbs that brush the cats' hair gently to where they don't seem to mind as much. The glove also generates a little static charge as you pet the animal to where the hair that comes loose clings to the glove.

Here is my cat Charlie who is normally pretty skittish especially around the minions enjoying the attention. (Please excuse my stuffy voice, I am trying to recover from a head cold.)



As always feedback, questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome. Please remember to follow the blog and register your email address at the top of the page to have new posts delivered right to your email inbox and never miss an update. Disclaimer: please be aware that any item mentioned in this blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this blog are my own regardless of how the items were acquired.

No comments:

Post a Comment