Sunday, February 7, 2016

Girl Time


 My daughter an I are outnumbered in our family. A girl to boy ratio of 1:2 for children will do that. That often leave me and her to deal with boy things for entertainment. Sword fights and nerf gun shoot outs are common occurrences.

This past weekend, my husband took minion Number 1 to visit some friends out of town finally giving her and I a chance at some girl time (well after minion Number 3 went to bed).

We watch girl targeted tv shows. Surprisingly enough my daughter at 6 years old really got into the Amazon Original TV show "Just Add Magic". We binge watched the show for a few hours and at the end of each episode she would look at me and ask "What happens next?"



The show is about three friends who have an amazing talent for cooking who find a magic cookbook and the trouble they cook up. It is light and fun and in a way brings on the same spirit of friendship that The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books did.

We also played a fun Yoga game from ThinkFun.


 

ThinkFun has finally provided me a way to incorporate my daughter in some of my Yoga exercises. The goal of the game is to collect a card of every color. Each color focuses on a different aspect of yoga (strength, flexibility, and balance). It also add a fun little competitive side to it by allowing you to steal others' cards, or getting to choose which color card they have to do.  The game was perfect for my 6 year old and it ended in just the right amount of time to where she didn't want to play again immediately after it was over nor did it bore her to where she didn't want to finish. 


The last thing we did for the night was beauty stuff (as she calls it). My daughter gets eczema flare ups from time to time. It generally get worse during the winter and she complains about it itching a lot. I try to keep her from scratching at it with her nails because that just causes things to get worse. I have found that finding a good loofah and having her use that to scrub (scratch) to her hearts content during her bath time and then having her apply a good moisturizing lotion as soon as she gets out works wonders. 

 

Green Heart Labs has an amazing exfoliating body cloth called the ExfoliMate. It is just the right amount of roughness to really satisfy itchy skin while also sloughing of scaly dead skin build up. It leaves skin beautifully primed to accept moisturizers better than just washing alone.



 As always feedback, questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome. Please remember to follow the blog and register your email address at the top of the page to have new posts delivered right to your email inbox and never miss an update. Disclaimer: please be aware that any item mentioned in this blog may have been received for free or at a discount in exchange for a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this blog are my own regardless of how the items were acquired.

No comments:

Post a Comment